As art of our efforts to provide our readers the kind of news and education they need to truly know the GPS Business:
GPS on Machines:
Applications, Markets, Trends and Technologies
Date: Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Time: 1:00 p.m. Pacific / 4:00 p.m. Eastern
Speaker: Rob Lorimer, GPS World Professional OEM Editor
Duration: 60 minutes
An overview of the current and future applications of GPS on machines along with an update on market trends and economic benefits of the widespread use of GPS on machines and more.
Speaker: Rob Lorimer
ROB LORIMER is the managing director of Position One Consulting and the editor of GPS World’s Professional OEM e-newsletter. His career history includes CEO of Beeline Technology (now part of Hemisphere GPS), managing director of Trimble Asia-Pacific, and OEM business manager for Trimble Europe. He is on the advisory committee of the International Global Navigation Satellite Society (IGNSS), is a regional judge for the European Satellite Navigation Competition, and is a part-time skipper with the Volunteer Marine Rescue (Australia). He has been involved in the world of professional GPS applications since 1987.
What You’ll Learn
- What is the difference between machine guidance, machine control, machine automation, and autonomous machines?
- Which technologies are being combined with GPS to enable guidance, control, automation, and autonomy?
- What are the key applications and markets for machine guidance and control? What is driving GPS adoption?
- What are the micro- and macroeconomic benefits of GPS machine guidance and control?
- What are the roles of network RTK and clustered RTK in machine control?
- How will GNSS impact machine-centric markets? Who are the principal industry players and their roles in different markets?
- How will adoption vary around the world?
- What are the emerging applications and markets?
Who Should Attend?
- GPS manufactures
- System integrators
- End users
- Consultants and those with an interest in professional OEM GPS applications and markets
Copyright © 2009 All rights reserved