As technology continues advancing in leaps and bounds, it’s undeniable that for the vast majority of us, the quality of our lives has improved significantly. In the not too distant past for example, concerns regarding getting lost prevented the average person from exploring too far a field. Nowadays however, all that has changed thanks to the availability of GPS handheld receivers. Providing you have a GPS handheld receiver, you can explore the world to your heart’s content, safe in the knowledge that you’re not at risk of getting lost. Of course, satellite navigation systems such as these were invented years ago in the 1960s but in those early days, their use was for the most part restricted to the military.
Looking similar to some wristwatches, handheld GPS receivers are small devices which are loaded with Global Positioning System technology. Their phenomenal popularity is hardly surprising, considering they can be used for such a wide variety of activities such as, hiking, climbing, trekking, safaris, fishing, hunting, and etc. As could be expected, handheld receivers are now also manufactured for specific purposes, such as the popular hunting GPS Handheld Receiver which is available in a camouflage finish and features a built in compass. Not only are these receivers extremely lightweight, but the also include a bunch of features such as graphics for all locations, up 2000 weight point storage and a ten to fifty retraceable path feature.
Though you can get a simple handheld GPS receiver to merely find your way home in about $100 there are many additional features available in many different handheld GPS receiver models like:
Map database; Voice activated GPS; WAAS technology, Reflection-less screen; Theft prevention functions; an option for personalized screen icons; MP3 capability.
Everyone has their own reasons for wanting a GPS handheld receiver, some of which are:
1) If you’ve ever been lost before, you’ll know you normally have two options. You can either ask for directions, or you can phone for help. With a GPS receiver however, you can immediately determine where you are and you can also get directions to where you want to go.
2. If you are late for somewhere and you want to reach on time, you need to find the shortest and quickest route available. The handheld GPS receiver can help you to find the best and shortest route possible.
3. Lets assume that you have shifted to a new place and have an emergency where you need to go to a doctor. How do you do that? Where do you find a doctor? With the handheld GPS receiver, you can locate a doctor or even a gas pump if you need. You dont have to ask anyone.
4) Because of their small size they can be taken everywhere with you so never again will you be unable to determine your way.
5. When you are traveling with your kids and family then you need to know the emergency services and the way to get to them. Carrying and scurrying for a car or map in your purse is time consuming. With this device all you need to do is to strap it to your wrist and find out the required information!
Yes a GPS Handheld Receiver is a desirable device, but over and above that, it’s a safety device which one should always have on hand.